But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage
- Moroni 7:33

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 26, 2012


        One of the families we were supposed to teach this week are getting ready to get their patriarchal blessings so I focused on that in one of my studies. I realized that Heavenly Father has given us each our own spiritual gifts (Moroni 10: 8-19) and it is our job to figure out what those gifts are and how we can develop them. While we can pray and fast to know what those are, we also have our patriarchal blessings that tell us what some of those gifts are. The coolest part is that in our blessings we learn how those gifts can really bless our lives and the lives of others if we stay faithful and develop them! I always knew that our blessings tell us more about who we are and who we are to become and that they give us direction in our lives... but they also tell us the special gifts we read about in the BoM that Heavenly Father has blessed us with!!   After learning that I read over my blessing again and found new meaning in the fact that I've been blessed with the gift of teaching, faith, and bearing a powerful witness of the things I know to be true. The blessings that can come of these gifts are so great I'm so grateful I'm out here developing those gifts so that the blessings of them can come to pass... don't get me wrong, I still kind of wish I could develop these things at home haha BUT I'm becoming a little more grateful everyday for being out here and I'm adjusting a little more everyday and I don't think of things at home as often.
 What else happened this week... we got a brand new car!! A 2012 Chevy Cruze! It's so nice, we love it! We also found out we're gonna have to start riding the bus because we don't have near enough miles per month with the enormous area that we have.... hahaha I already know I'm gonna have a lot of funny bus stories including ones about getting lost and having no idea where we are! We got to sleep over in Kirtland at the Edman's place one night.  That was fun!  They take such good care of us!....
   Thank you so much for fasting and praying for XXXXX.   She reeeeeeeaaaaallllly needs it right now. When we went to visit her on Saturday I instantly knew something was up. I don't know how I knew but I knew something was different. We had to do a little prying to get it out of her, and we still didn't get it fully out of her but she's having such an awful internal battle with herself right now and she's not sure if she wants to or can be a part of the church right now. She feels like when she's doing things the church doesn't approve of she's still happy... we reminded her of eternal happiness but she already knows it... I told her I know she knows what she needs to do, she's just taking the easy way out. It was a really hard, sad, emotional (for her), but powerful lesson. She still is having issues with putting her trust in the Lord, she doesn't feel like he's really there for her anymore... oh my heart was breaking for her... I asked her to pray with us and ask if he was still there. She really didn't want to because she doesn't know what to say to him anymore but we told her to tell him just what she told us. After awhile she finally agreed. The spirit was so strong for Sister Mayer and me but when she asked if he was there, this powerful, warm feeling rushed over me. It was so powerful for us but we're not sure what she felt. She didn't come to church the next day but we keep reminding her that we love her.
          Thank you sooooo much for the package! I just LOVE packages so much!  And I loved that you sent me girl scout cookies with one of the packages taken out haha just like home!
  
          Tell my friends on the blog that they're gonna be in big trouble with me if they don't write me soon... it's not nice to forget me so soon:)

love you lots and lots and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment