But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage
- Moroni 7:33

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Haley - Singing...???!!!@#$%$#

This story came from a letter to Allysa.  It made me laugh so hard, I cried.  Haley is NOT a singer at church... This is a story about the funeral of her "mission Grandpa's" wife...

...Let me just tell you this hilarious story about her funeral.  So we only have 2 piano players in our ward but neither of them could be at the funeral (I can't tell you HOW much I wish I play the piano because we've been asked soooo many times now).  A member of the bishopric called us the night before to ask us if we would sit in the stands with them to help lead the hymns by projecting our voices so everyone would know the tune since there was no piano and almost everyone there would be a nonmember and wouldn't know the songs.  So we didn't really think much of it - we figured we'd be standing and singing with everyone else on the stands, so no big deal. 

Well let me tell you, that was NOT the case!  First, they announced Sister Mayer and I singing the hymns.  Then when I asked where we should stand he told me to stand at the microphone....HECK NO!  haha  There was no way I was doing that, that's not what I signed up for so I just didn't tell Sister Mayer.  Then I find out both hymns are ones I hardly know, so pretty much I'm toast.

Then when we started singing, NO ONE sang with us...  just a muffled soft singing from other people sitting in the stands so we were basically singing a duet.  THEN I (and the other people on the stands) started singing the wrong tune in the third verse!  Sister Mayer just stopped singing in the middle and elbowed me and said "That's not right!  You're singing it wrong!"  Everyone in the congregation (nonmember, rough-looking, cigarette smoking people) were just looking at us like we were crazy!  hahahahahahahahahahaha   It was the most awkward and hilarious funeral EVER!  But we still love Bro White [the mission grandpa]  and he loves us!  He's saying he'll be at church every sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment