But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage
- Moroni 7:33

Monday, March 19, 2012

Not P-Day???


 Last Monday, March 12, was the loooooongest day!  I kept refreshing my email every 3 minutes to see if Haley had written.  No letter all day.  We were so sad, but figured that something must have happened.  Then, joy of joys, the very next day we get this letter....

March 13, 2012

Not P-day???

hello hello! you may be asking yourself why I'm emailing you today instead of yesterday... well that would be because Sister Mayer got really sick yesterday.... loooooooongest p day ever! I am never letting myself get sick enough to stay in bed all day while I'm out here because it's awful for both yourself and your companion. Being jailed inside the apartment all day, basically by myself since Sister Mayer was sleeping in our room the whole day, with nothing to do except study, clean, write letters, and nap makes it really hard to keep my focus. And poor sister Mayer... she doesn't have her mom to take care of her, she has to go with me to run to the store to get medicine, and she can't watch movies or read a good book to distract her and make the day go by faster (let's be honest, no one wants to study the scriptures when you're feeling that sick). Oh i really hope and pray we don't have to go through that EVER again. We didn't even get to go to Kirtland today because she still felt a little sick when she woke up! I was really sad about that because I love going to Kirtland to do tours, be on chat, and see my mtc companions but on the plus side, I got to sleep an extra hour since I didn't need to get ready at all!

This last week when we went to see XXXX and she had her roommate come and listen in on the lesson with her! I guess the first time we visited her, he asked all about us after we left and what we were talking about. So we have a new investigator! AND I invited him to be baptized! We set a date for the beginning of April but I think it'll probably have to be moved closer to the end of April because of WoW and either XXXX or he will have to find a new place to live because of the law of chastity of course. I had another cool moment of inspiration on Sunday! I wrote about that in Lyssa's letter though so I won't take time with that. We're loving the ward, they're all really nice and supportive and helpful with missionary work. Of course there are quite a few wierdies but you can't really get away from that being a mormon haha. We had a spaghetti dinner/Pie auction on saturday... they raised $2500! It was crazy! But we had a good time with the ward and we got to see the fun side of some of the families instead of the spiritual/churchy side. This saturday we have a baptism!! It's for a black 9 year old named Hailey! She's great! We don't really consider it our baptism because we came into the picture more than half way through all the lessons but we have done some of the work and kept her excited about getting baptized.
  
 Real quick, I have to do my least favorite thing on sunday and give a talk:( so I need you to send my farewell talk to me asap!!! email it to me TODAY please!

  K there are 2 things I want you guys to do. First, read the BOM ensign! It has some really great articles in there about what it does for us, how it shows the love of God, and why it's important. Next, our president has given a challenge to us as a mission. Read the BOM in 90 days but the point is to come closer to our savior and have a better relationship with him. So as you read circle every time our Saviors name is mentioned (every name) and then highlight all his attributes and write them down. There's something extra you're supposed to do in 3 Nephi 11-27 but I can't remember. You guys don't need to do the 90 days thing, not even we can do it because we don't have much time to read for ourselves, but do the other part for sure! The first day I did it, I can honestly say that I felt like I knew my savior better and I felt closer to him. It's really cool how it works! K I can't take any more time doing this but I love you and can't wait to get my package next tuesday! (we have everything sent to the visitors center in Kirtland so I only get mail on Tuesdays... and we didn't get to go yesterday:()

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE love love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment