But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage
- Moroni 7:33

Friday, April 27, 2012

April 2, 2012 - What a stinker!


April 2, 2012


So you may want to take a seat.... you should be expecting a call from President Sorensen today. My body has been acting really weird (surprise surprise) so I went to the doctor a few days ago and I need to get surgery. He was saying some big words and I was so shocked I didn't even hear what they would be doing. I'll be flying home on Wednesday, landing at 8 pm. President will give you all the details....
 
          I don't know how you knew mom, but I guess a mother intuition is a crazy thing....... April Fools!!! Hahahahahaha I know it's not April fools anymore but I didn't get to talk to you yesterday so I had to make up for it today! I actually pulled that same thing on the Elders in our singles branch except I told Elder Trammel that I was going home to spend time with my dad for his last month haha kind of a sad thing to say and kind of mean to do but it was HILARIOUS! He had no idea what to do or say! I couldn't help it; I just had to do it! I couldn't let April Fool's day pass without one good joke and being a missionary it's the perfect thing! hahaha sooo funny!
 
So not much happened this week except we lost both our baptism dates and basically everyone cancelled on us. We didn't have any lessons with investigators! BUT we did find 6 potentials! 4 of which are students at Kent University! That's what we've decided to put a new focus on so that was definitely a good thing! We met this older lady, xxxxx, on Saturday. She started out with an attitude with us and said it's been a really long day so I was thinking uh oh, she's really not happy, what can I say to her so she might listen and won't get mad at us so somehow I got out the words we have a message of peace and happiness. She stepped out onto the porch and closed the door and just started balling! We gave her a hug and let her talk for a minute about all her stresses. we were talking about her belief in Jesus Christ and we told her there's more! She said she just wants to know what church she needs to go to so we gave her the first lesson then sister Mayer said a beautiful prayer for her that really meant a lot to her. We're going to see her later this week and we're going to invite her to be baptized! And she's going to say yes!! haha I get really confident in us and tell everyone that we're going to have a ton of baptisms and we're going to save the world and that was just a little of my "confidence" coming out!
 Umm let's see... we've made 2 people cry this week. one was xxx, another is a cute girl in our ward that we just found out has never had a testimony and she's done everything for everyone else her whole life when it comes to religion.  when we asked her if she knows the BOM is true and if she even wants to find out she started crying, said "I'm done!" and stormed up the stairs..... I was speechless and I felt so awful! She texted us a day ago though apologizing and telling us how she felt and we're going to take her ice cream tonight and let her "spill" to us and hopefully
show her that HF does love her and is very aware of her.

          oh ya! the lesson with the XXXXX family went great! we love sister XXXXX soooo much! we have a lot of work to do with her, though. We think the root of the problem may start with forgiveness so that's what we'll focus on. I also had to do a workshop for our district! what?? me??? a workshop for missionaries that have been out way longer than me and know so much more????? haha I was kinda stressed about it, you know how I feel about teaching and giving lessons. I completely relied on the Lord though and it worked out! I’m sooooo happy it's done and over with now! part of it was on Elder Bednar’s message in the BoM ensign!
And did a guy call you last week that was in the visitor’s center? People love getting to talk to my family when they're from Utah or going to Utah and I love it!! and sister marsh told me about their visit and that she can see where I get my bubbly personality haha the way she was describing you mom was so perfect and I could totally imagine it haha so funny! she said she felt like she'd known you for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment